Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Europe - Point and Shoot!!!

It's been a pretty long while since I blogged..The last month has been traumatic...I wrote atleast about 17000 words that were whittled down to about 15000...And no, I didn't get a book contract...Nor did what I was writing give me as much satisfaction as blogging.. But then, the holy dissertation to ensure that you complete your MA ( that can conveniently also be redubbed D-shit-ations) had to be given priority..

So I was cut off from the blogosphere...hearing sad news in passing, hardly able to read much or even share the fun that I have had amidst d-shit-ation rants...

I have so much to share...so much to discuss..so here's the plan..beginning today, for the next one week or maybe less ( I'm yet to divide my stuff yet..) I shall have a travellogue series..Little snippets from here and there with of course photographs...

Amsterdam and Paris will be the two cities on the menu...and these will be short pieces, focussing on different aspects..food, fun and for sure the places of interest...I don't want to sound like a 'Welcome to Amsterdam, Glad to take you around' tour guide. So primarily in the next couple of days, I'll tell you what I saw and what I observed..What I did for fun and what I 'unfortunately' didn't do! 



It's been a long time since I heard from you all...So do drop a line, if you think its a good idea for a series...Your questions and comments can make this exercise interactive and fun for both of us..:) 

This series will be called Europe - Point and Shoot...:)

15 comments:

  1. OK, Amsterdam is a place I like so its all ears......... just shoot.... I me an write. (and with pictures also please ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. did you already graduate? is Europe a prize for completing the thesis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back:)

    I am in a small minority I know, but believe Paris over-rated. Go somewhere more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Journo - Liked both Paris and Amsterdam though my fav place in Europe is Austria..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haddock: :) I'm really looking forward to it too.

    Sneo: Bang on! The Europe trip was one to de-clog the clogged head!

    NRI: I agree Paris is overrated. But it is also a city that has to be seen at least once in your lifetime. Though must say, I'm partial to Amsterdam over Paris..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought to actually check your blog out at last - here I thought I was all cutting edge, but my boss has already commented on this post even when it's less than a day old. Huh!

    Anyway, looking forward to a rumble through your archives and hope you'll be updating fairly regularly from here on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like pure unadulterated from the scenes blogging...and the book will come one day...bigger & better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Paris! Even though it is the biggest cliche it is my favourite holiday destination.. Can't wait to hear more regarding the same!
    Welcome back :D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, your posts are (as always and as I suspect your dissertation was) awaited with eager anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yaaaaay!! Your blog is alive again :) I like the picture collage you made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back!
    looking forward to your travel tales!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missed you a lot...so now your degree is done and dusted, come back to us!...a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice to hear from you all...:) I hope you like the series...Just going to upload it in a bit..Looking to hear from all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back with a master degree in hand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love a travel series in your words!

    ReplyDelete